Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing #12

Discovering web 2.0 tools

30 Boxes is something that I have needed for a long time. It is so hard keeping my work calendar and my home calendar organized. I have tried to find ways to synchronize my calendars but to no avail. Now that will not be necessary. I can use my calendar on 30 Boxes for personal and professional reasons. I am still experimenting with using the calendar. Normally I send home a schedule of practice and performance dates for my choir. I will still continue to send home a hard copy , however now I can put that information on the calendar and the parents can access the information whenever necessary. This calendar allows you to share different parts of the calendar with different people by using tags . So I can use the tag choir and only that part of the calendar will be visible to choir members.

2. JigZone.com is the web site that I used to create this puzzle. I found this picture in the Flickr Creative Commons . The name of this photo is Hawaiian Flowers - The Plumeria Strawberry Loops by mad plumerian. I chose this picture because I am going to Hawaii this summer and I can't wait to see beautiful flowers like this. If you click on the photo it will take you to the web site to solve the puzzle. When I made the puzzle I chose 20 pieces for the level of difficulty and the puzzle generator created it. I have already started creating a puzzle to use on a Promethean flipchart in the classroom. Hopefully the students will have so much fun that they will never realize that they are actually learning.

Click to Mix and Solve

1 comment:

  1. I knew you would find great things to use for choir. Your Blog page looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete