Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thing #6

Feed your reader: find & subscribe to feeds

Well I finally finished each part of thing #6. This should be called 75 things not 23 things since each thing has about four parts. :-) I wanted to add feeds that I would really use so I searched for feeds in the music education field. One of the feeds that I have subscribed to is MENC-TheNational Association for Music Education I am already a member of MENC but by subscribing to their feed, I can have information sent directly to me. For example yesterday I read a blog about how young film stars from the soon to be released movie BandSlam worked with middle school students at The Grammy Museum in Los Angeles. They explored the music business through an interactive educational experience. They also had a question and answer sessions about music arrangement, composition, musicianship, and the importance of music in everyday life.
Another feed that I subscribed to was A Music Education Blog Collective. This is a project of the Music Educators Network, a group of music educators that discuss current topics and events in music education.
Of course me being the wanderer that I am, I could only stick to the topic for so long before I started subscribing to my second most favorite thing FOOD! So if you're interested you might want check out Betty Crocker Recipes, but be careful, I know I'm gaining weight just from looking at the pictures. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see all the the new technology you integrate into your music classroom next year. I can hear your wheels turning all the way out here in Forney.

    ReplyDelete